Good afternoon parents and community members. We at BAYFL wish you and your loved ones well and hope you’re all staying safe and healthy. This is a long one so please read it in its entirety.
We are writing this update for everyone to inform you that unfortunately due to ongoing health and safety concerns surrounding the COVID-19 virus, the Board of Directors has unanimously decided the best course of action for this upcoming season is to cancel. Please see below for some additional information and potential options and refunds.
We appreciate everyone’s patience over the past couple months as we know this decision was not made hastily but with much input from local school, health and safety officials and with many hours of discussion among ourselves, with coaches, community members and other leagues in the surrounding counties. The health and safety of the kids, coaches, volunteers and spectators is the first priority and of the utmost importance. We know this may not be the most popular decision but we felt that it was necessary and something we did not take lightly. As you can imagine there were a multiple of reasons we came to this tough conclusion and for the sake of longevity won’t get into them all, but please know the decision was made in the best interest of all.
We know that registration refunds will be a hot topic and yes, we will provide refunds for registration fees. As you know our league is an entirely non-profit organization. If you have already paid for your child online and wish to have their registration fee kept and considered a donation to the league would be greatly appreciated. We can mail you a donation receipt for your records. If you would like a refund, we will write you a paper check within the next month. Please just email email@example.com to let us know your decision. If donated, the monies will be helpful in offsetting current building rental and operational costs, routine field maintenance, facility maintenance and necessary utilities and insurances. Every little bit of financial support goes a long way and is welcome.
Please note, we are going to explore an option for the potential of a spring 2021 season. We are starting to have discussions with surrounding leagues in the area about this potential opportunity for the kids. As we know more and can hopefully iron something out, we will put out another communication via email and our social media outlets.
We wish that this communication came with better news as we were all holding on to the hope of having a season. Thank you again for your continued patience as we came to this conclusion, for your support and for putting your trust in us as leaders of the league.
Thank you for your time, stay safe and healthy.
Board of Directors